I'm a Godmommy Again

4:49 PM

During the course of my life, I have had the privilege of being a godmother to so many little ones.  I thought I was done with that phase in my life. Guess what? I was asked again to be the godmother to the most precious little baby girl, named Sophia.  It began with a phone call from a good friend of mine, who asked if I could take pictures of her little granddaughter who was born premature and was in the NICU.  I immediately said yes, and went the following week to take pictures of little Sophie. When I saw her in the incubator, my heart melted. She was so tiny and fighting for her life.  She was born weighing 1 lb 13 ounces, and 13 inches long.  She was feisty! I immediately knew she was going to make it.

I want back the next month to take more photos of her. I was completely falling in love with her. So adorable, so tiny and so feisty.  My cup was overflowing with love.  As the months progressed and Sophia was getting better, I was getting to know her mom more and more.  I was surprised and honored at the same time when she asked me if I would be one of four godmothers she had picked for Sophia.  (I have pictures of her dedication at church, which I will post another day.)

As her godmommy, she will not lack pictures in her life.  I did her first photoshoot for Christmas.  Sophia has the cutest big sister, who adores her. She too, was born a preemie.  Here are some collages I put together of pictures when Sophia was in NICU and the Christmas photoshoot.  Enjoy!

Sophia at the NICU. A little miracle.





Sophia's big sister, Naomi!





You Might Also Like

0 comments